07 Dec Delicious gourmet catering for your wedding in Scotland
The Highlands of Scotland offer one of the most romantic settings for a wedding. All year round, there are fantastic venues surrounded by beautiful gardens and stunning scenery. What more could a bride and groom wish for?
Well, there is still something that will make your wedding day extra special … some gorgeous gourmet Highland food!
Your wedding catering is one of the most important elements to ensure your guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
With the right selection of delicious dishes on your wedding menu, their taste buds will be titillated every time they think of your Highland marriage.
At Good Highland Food, we only provide the best locally-sourced and seasonal produce, and our wedding menus include such dishes as:
- Summer Isles peat smoked Highland salmon, Gruth Dhu cheese watercress, rocket and cherry tomato salad with a citrus and coriander seed dressing.
- Traditional Cullen Skink served with homemade herb straws.
- Steamed Killara breast of chicken stuffed with a wild mushroom ragout wrapped in Moray-shire bacon and served with a shallot and tarragon sauce.
- Rare Highland fillet of beef with port and redcurrant jus served with garlic fondant potato and a parcel of seasonal vegetables.
- Pan fried fresh sea bass fillets on a bed of asparagus and lemon risotto, finished with a fresh homemade basil pesto.
- Chocolate and Drambuie torte with vanilla cream.
- Ricotta and Alvie strawberry cheesecake.
- Good Highland Food cheeseboard with West Highland Blue, Muckle Wummell Brie, Wester Laurenston’s Organic Sweetmilk Cheese, served with Hebridean oatcakes and fresh fruit and chutneys.
The menus are all designed to ensure you have a sensational Scottish wedding and help complement the scene of stunning outfits, swinging kilts and, quite often, the emotional sounds of a Highland piper.
Wedding catering for happy couples
No wonder the rich and famous have also chosen to tie the knot in Scotland. Couples like Madonna and Guy Ritchie, The Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips and England rugby player Mike Tindall, fashion designer Stella McCartney and publisher Alasdhair Willis, and Ronan Keating and Storm Uechtritz.
Of course, not all have gone on to live happily ever after; perhaps due to the stress of celebrity status. But it’s been our honour to provide wedding catering to a great many happy couples.
People like Tanya and Marius who said: “We just wanted to get in touch to thank you both so much. We had so many compliments about the food, particularly for the medieval banquet. The quality was outstanding, and many said it was the best wedding meal they have ever had. The service on the day was also superb so thank you so very much.”
And bride Hazel Mitchell who said: “Thank you for the absolutely exquisite food at our wedding! The food was outstanding and enjoyed by everyone. Service was great as was your bar staff, who were very friendly, professional and expertly managed my friends!”
We would be delighted to make your own day equally special with some fine Scottish wedding catering.